Here’s another recipe from my trip to CO! We all loved this and gobbled it right up, Paisley ate 3 servings! Thanks Cousin Kent for a new staple recipe in our house!
* (1) 16 oz. package smoked sausage (the one that’s oval looking and is usually found near the bacon)
* (1) can of cream of celery soup ( 10 3/4 oz).
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 8 oz. penne pasta cooked to al dente
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* 1 1/2 cups French’s French fried onions
* 1 cup frozen peas
Heat oven to 375F. Cut sausage into 1/4 inch pieces and fry in a skillet until brown. Remove from skillet and place on paper towels to drain.
Combine soup and milk in a casserole dish (I used an 8 x 11- inch dish). Stir in sausage, pasta, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup French fried onions, and all the peas.
Bake in your preheated oven 30 minutes, or until heated through; stir. Top with remaining cheese and onions, bake 3 more minutes until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Serve with crusty French bread, and a nice side salad.