My mother in law shared this recipe with me, and it is tasty! My husband, who I have revealed in previous posts as not being a huge chicken fan, even loves it. Definitely a must try and is a staple in my recipe rotation.
* 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cut into bite size pieces
* 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
* 1 garlic clove crushed or 1 tbsp. garlic powder
* 1/4 tsp. ginger
* 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you like things)
* 1/4 cup apple juice
* 1/3 cup light brown sugar
* 2 tbsp. ketchup
* 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. corn starch
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well blended and dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
The sauce will continue to develop and get thicker as it simmers.
Serve over hot brown rice and vegetables. This is also good mixed all together and stir fried the next day, delicious!