I really am not a big fan of cooking on the weekends, it’s like I have this switch that flips off once Saturday hits. We usually got out for lunch on Saturday’s and then have a light dinner that evening. This is a perfect little recipe for the weekend evenings, or even super busy nights during the week.
– 4 soft flour tortillas (you can use wheat in this recipe too)
– 1 can of refried beans (I usually buy the no fat version)
– 1/2 cup picante sauce or salsa would work too
– 1 cup (more or less) shredded cheddar cheese
– butter for browning the tortillas in, you’ll want to use butter and not oil to achieve the nice crispy texture on the bottom
Begin by placing the refried beans in a small saucepan. Add the picante sauce, stir, and heat the beans on low.
Once the beans are warm, melt some butter in a pan. Take one of your tortillas and put a good amount of beans on one side. Top with a good helping of shredded cheese, and fold in half. Place downside in the pan with the butter, and let it crisp. Once the underside is golden brown and crispy, flip over and do the same for the second side. Remove once both sides are crispy, and set on a plate covered with a kitchen towel to keep warm.
Continue on until you’ve made all of your tacos. Top with more salsa and some sour cream, if desired.