This is a super yummy and comforting dish combining chili, pasta, and cheese! What could be better? 😉
– 1/2 tbsp. canola oil
– 1/2 sweet onion, minced
– 1 pound lean ground beef
– a few dashes of salt
– a few dashes of black pepper
– 8 ounces shell pasta
– 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
– 1 can (10 oz) mild can of Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chiles)
– 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
– 2 tsp. cumin
– 3-4 dashes cayenne pepper (more or less depending your taste)
– 1/4 cup water
– 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– green onions and sour cream for garnishing
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Begin by getting your water boiling for your pasta. Add in the pasta and cook until just al-dente. It’s going in the oven later, so you don’t want the noodles too mushy.
While your pasta is cooking, begin sautéing the onions. Sauté the onions in a large skillet with the oil. After a few minutes, add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain the fat, and return the meat to the pan, season with the salt and pepper.
Drain the pasta once cooked, and set aside.
Add the tomato sauce, Rotel, black beans, water, and spices to the meat. Give it a big stir and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add in the cooked pasta, and spread mixture into a 9x 13-inch pan. Sprinkle the top with cheese and bake for 25 minutes in your preheated oven; until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Top with green onions and sour cream.