My husband just bought a pellet smoker and we’ve been eating a lot of super delicious various meats that he’s been trying. Last week he made bacon wrapped chicken breasts, a roast which we made french dips out of, and then last night he smoked us steaks for about an hour and then finished them off by grilling. Oh goodness were they good! It was probably the best steak that I have ever had in my life, just amazing! We had some red potatoes in the fridge so I decided to try my hand at roasting them, which I hadn’t previously tried. The potatoes came out great and were very flavorful and paired beautifully with the steaks!
– 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, washed and sliced in half or quarters if they are slightly larger
– 3 1/2 tbsp. Olive oil, divided
– 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
– 1 tbsp. Garlic powder, you could also use 3 cloves minced garlic, I was just feeling lazy
– a generous sprinkling of Rosemary, thyme, and salt and pepper. I would say about 1-2 tsp. of each
Drizzle about 1 tbsp olive oil over a baking sheet and spread evenly.
Place the cut potatoes in a medium sized bowl, and toss with remaining 2 1/2 tbsp. Olive oil. Then, add parmesan, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper to bowl. Toss to coat evenly. Pour potatoes onto your prepared baking sheet and scoop the cheese on top that has fallen off the potatoes. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove and use a spatula to rotate them around. Bake for an additional 20 minutes until the outsides are crisp, but the flesh is soft inside. Serve immediately.
Here are some of the other meals we’ve made on Hubby’s new smoker 🙂